Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thoughts For Today

I love to write, but most of the time I just don't know what to write about.  And I'm not sure why.  It's not like I don't have lots to write about...  I just don't have the time or energy to write about anything that has anything to do with anything besides my children. 

Wow.  Just wow.  I have five children. I have had five children in less than seven years.  I have FIVE children.  It blows my mind all the time. 

You know what scares me?  Having these five children that will someday be five teenagers (yes, I'll have five teenagers at the same time... !!).  Teenagers...  Yikes.

Parenting is tough, period.  Parenting five children, ages 7 years - 6 months is...  more than tough.  Somedays I have to remind myself to breathe.  Not that I don't love my job... I do for sure.  It's just exhausting.  And not only are the daily requirements of a mom (especially with more than one child) exhausting, but the worry, the unknown future...  it's most definitely exhausting too.  Actually it's exhausting me right now.  :D

It's hard, but I try to split up my time so that there is some one-on-one time with each of them, every day.  Obviously, Silas gets plenty of my attention, but the others?  I think I do a pretty good job, but what if I don't?  It's so important at this age.  At any age.  Sometimes I will catch myself answering one of their questions without having really heard what they were asking.  At that point I completely stop what I'm doing and focus on the child in question.  It really makes me feel like a lousy mom...  but when you have four (Silas isn't talking much yet) little people who ask questions nonstop every day, it can be so hard.

What do you do to spend one-on-one time with your kids?  We read together, talk together, play together, learn together or go for a walk together etc.  Philip likes me to do math games or puzzles with him.  Lucie likes to talk with me.  Eden likes me to play toys with her or read a book to her.  Ella likes me to goof off with her, be silly with her.  Silas... well, he's pretty much fine with anything at this point.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment